Latest News - News Archive - 

 

 


Club History

Established in 1903, The Beechworth Bowls Club is one of the oldest bowling clubs in the area. The Beechworth Bowls Club first home was at Queen Victoria Park where the first opening day was held on 16th of December, 1903. The Green was open by Florence Bligh, the Countess of Darnley (Wiki) in her first visit back to Beechworth since leaving as a young girl.

The Beechworth Bowls Club then moved to its current home on the corner of Albert Rd and Harper St, where it has become a social hub for many in the community and is now the home of the very popular BBC Barefoot Bowls Championship. The club has a large age group from players been in their 20’s all the way up to their 90’s.

The Club has a front grass green and Flood-Lighted Synthetic back green for all year play. The club also hosts both primary and secondary school students throughout the year, as well as many community based events.

The club has been very successful in the past decade in the Ovens & Murray Pennant Seasons with our top side making the finals in 8 of the past 10 seasons, including 2 A3 Premierships in 2011-12 & 2014-15 and 2 A3 Runners-up in 2010-11 & 2013-14. The club made the jump to A2 in 2015 and now has become a challenger in the division, losing to the eventual winners Wodonga in a close Preliminary Final in 2017.